How To Write A Compelling Sales Page That Converts
Here are the Steps to creating a great sales page
Step #1: Understand Your Audience
Before you begin writing any elements of your sales page, it’s absolutely critical that you understand your audience. You need to be able to talk directly to your audience in language that resonates with them.
- Until you’ve taken the time to do a deep dive into your audience to understand what makes them tick, you can’t get to work on your sales page.
- Once you know your audience, you can craft your sales page so that it connects on a deep, personal level with them.
Here are some simple questions to help you define your audience:
- What age are your primary customers?
- Are they primarily male, female, or a mix?
- What are their biggest pain points and challenges?
- What motivates them?
- What do they aspire to?
- What are their goals, hopes, and dreams?
- What do they fear?
- What have they tried in the past that hasn’t worked?
- What objections do they have to purchasing from you?
- What makes them happy?
- Who are their biggest influences?
- What websites do they frequent?
- Who do they follow on social media?
The end result will be a buyer persona. A buyer persona is a representation of your ideal customer.
Your sales page should be written so that it speaks in ways that are familiar to your buyer persona.
- It’s okay if you end up with multiple customer personas.
- The key is that you know exactly who you’re selling to.
Step #2: Craft Your Headline
It’s hard to overstate the importance of a sales page headline. The headline catches people’s attention and draws them in to the rest of your sales page.
- A boring headline will result in people quickly leaving your sales page, uninterested by what you have to offer.
- A good headline will immediately intrigue your readers, catching their interest and making them want to read more.
In order to create a compelling headline, you must know your Unique Selling Proposition (USP). Your USP is what you uniquely have to offer your customers. Your USP makes you different from any competition and helps potential customers immediately understand what you have to offer them.
- Here’s a simple formula for determining your USP: I help [PERSON] to [SPECIFIC RESULTS] by [YOUR SOLUTION].
- Your sales page headline will flow out of your USP and be tailored specifically to the product or service you’re selling.
Your headline should:
- Identify the specific problem your product or service solves
- State the big benefit
- Trigger emotion in the reader
- Intrigue the reader
- Convince the reader to check out the rest of the sales page
Just be sure that your headline is specific, interesting, and speaks to the problem. Remember, your headline will convince people to read the rest of the sales page.
Step #3: Address Core Problems and Frustrations
Now it’s time to start writing the actual copy of your sales page.
- The first thing to do is to highlight the pain points that your potential customers are already feeling. You want them to know that you understand where they’re coming from. That you can relate to their struggles.
- Be specific when highlighting the pain points. Use language that they use to describe the problems.
- Get the reader to think about how difficult and frustrating things currently are for them.
- Think of it like you’re creating a “Before/After” scenario.
- In the “Before” scenario, you’re painting a picture of what their life is currently like.
- When writing this section, go into as much detail as possible.
- Use vivid language and try to paint a picture.
- You want the reader to actively feel their pain points as you describe them.
- You want them to feel like you’re talking directly to them.
In the next Lesson, we will continue with Step # 4: Introduce Your Solution
Enjoy many FREE courses ands resources with your Membership
at The Baby Boomers Academy!
As a Baby Boomer you are in the prime of your life – A generation of powerful and influential people that are leading the way in entrepreneurship.
You want to make money and enjoy your retirement years, but you also want to retire with dignity and financial security. Many Baby Boomers are searching for ways to give back, but they don’t know where to start. They’re not taking the necessary steps to build a business that will help them leave behind a legacy of helping others.
Join us at The Baby Boomers Academy!
We'll teach you how to turn your skills into an income-generating business that helps other people in need while giving you the motivation and inspiration you need to live out your dreams every single day.
BBA Membership - Save $100
Introductory Offer - Yearly Membership is
$177.70 /year. If you enroll today, your will save $100 and pay only per year or less for the life of your BBA membership. You can cancel anytime.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
You are fully protected by our 100% Satisfaction-Guarantee. If, for any reason, you don't like your BBA Membership, you can get a full refund anytime within 30 days after your paid enrolment. If you have any issues, just get in touch with our friendly support team and they'll either help you out until you get the results you need or give you a swift refund.